We started the new year by adding some major features that our members were looking forward to. Give it a try, and contact us if you have any questions. (We are preparing the help docs for the new features)
Tier 1 and Tier 2
- Abandoned Cart Management : Automatic abandoned cart emails are now available. When enabled, your customers who have left items in their shopping cart and have added their email address to the cart will receive a reminder email about their abandoned cart. This feature is configurable by the store, and can also be tested by the store before making it available for customers.
- Dashboard > Commerce > E-Commerce Settings > Abandoned Carts
- SIBA Banner : Members of the Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance (SIBA) can upload the SIBA banner to the website. The banner can be added to the ‘Ad Row’ section of the homepage (Between ‘Image Rows’ and ‘Product Lists’). No embed code needed. Please contact Nicki Leone at SIBA and let Nicki know that you have an IndieCommerce 2.0 site and would like to add the banner.
- Message Center : For better communication between the IC team and the store staff managing the website, we have added a Message Center. This will make it easier for the IC team to leave important messages from our team to yours, on your website.
- Events Calendar & List : Events List will now include all the events in the month (no more ‘Load More’ button) and the page will scroll to the current date (or next upcoming event)
Tier 2 Only
- Gift Registry : Whether it is a birthday, baby shower, book drive or a teacher’s list, a Gift Registry can be used to create the request and accept orders. A Gift Registry will allow customers to provide a private shipping address or arrange to have it picked up at the store. The purchases can be tracked by the creator of the Gift Registry and the store. Each customer can have multiple Gift Registries in addition to their persons wish lists.
- Bulk Upload of ‘Not For Sale’ Titles : Marking titles as ‘Not For Sale’ or ‘Removed From Site’ is now easier and faster with the bulk upload option. Stores can now download a list of titles previously marked as ‘Not For Sale’ or ‘Removed From Site’.
- Dashboard > Commerce > Fulfillment Settings > Not For Sale
- Stamps.com & PirateShip : Looking for an easy way to print shipping labels? If you use Stamps.com or PirateShip, options are available to export the order information from your website and import the tracking number.
- To enable the shipping vendor : Dashboard > Commerce > E-Commerce Settings > Shipping > Shipping Services
- To export order information and import tracking number : Dashboard > Commerce > Active Orders
More updates included in this release:
- Download Sales Report by SKU as a CSV
- Now possible to cancel orders with credit card authorizations in an invalid state (expired, processed incorrectly through Authorize.net, etc)
- Updated Indie Bestsellers banner
- Performance improvements for the Events` calendar
- Some bug fixes & platform updates
If you have any questions about this release or individual items mentioned here, please don't hesitate to contact the IndieCommerce team at: email@example.com